Resin Bound Stone Driveways Manchester – The Pros and the Cons
Resin Bound Stone Driveways Manchester
The Pros and Cons
So you’ve been thinking about getting your driveway done and you’ve heard about Resin Bound Stone, but aren’t quite sure whether or not it is the right choice for you? Or you’ve decided you want it, but want to know what you’re up against in terms of fallbacks? That’s what we’re here for.
So here is an honest Blog post about all of the Pros and Cons of Resin Bound Stone Driveways which we can collectively come up with!
- If you require a full dig, it can be a little more expensive than the overlay – unfortunately it is necessary in order to provide you with a top quality Resin Bound Stone surface which won’t crack or sink or split (Not all jobs do require a full dig.)
- Some samples change in sunlight – make sure the colours you have chosen have been UV stabilised.
- There are quite a few companies around who do really bad jobs – which can be said about all trades… You just need to make sure you research who you have chosen to see if they are acredited, or awarded with Trustatrader or Check A Trade.
- It is actually THE cheapest surfacing option over all other choices – provided you do not require the full sub base dig out.
- Weeds can’t penetrate it.
- It’s fully porous, so rain water drains through naturally – no more puddles.
- It is flexible, which means substantial weight does not impact on the aesthetics at all.
- It comes in a variety of colours so you can mix them to colour match your house – not like concrete or block paving…
- It adds value to your home – as it looks so perfectly pristine all the time, it’s like having a brand new driveway all the time. The property market loves it!
- The maintenance stretches to a power wash annually – and that’s just if you care for it to look at good as new 24/7, a quick power wash will bring it up looking brand new again.
- There’s better traction which is great for elderly and disabled, or accident prone.
When it comes down to it, it’s your choice to make – but we think it’s a no-brainer!
Give us a call.